It does no one any good.
Except for you. You lucky duck.
Thaaaaaaaat’s right, it’s another installment of Things You Maybe Shouldn’t Say On The Internet Unless You Lack Shame.
1. I am Olympics obsessed. Like, I have forsaken even HBO and True Blood for CTV. I mean, honestly, who even does that?! I cry when anyone wins a medal, literally anyone. And worse? I cry when the people don’t win a medal. Tonight? I cried when I heard that the Kenyan men’s 1600 meter relay team showed up at the South African challenge to apologize to the South African team and tell the officials that they had messed up and please award the spot to South Africa. I cried when I saw the mens Decathlon athletes hugging and congratulating each other and showing true Olympic spirit by being legitimately happy for each other. It’s really awkward to cry at your desk when you’re the only woman in the office and you’re…you know…not drunk. And then? I heard an American guy ran the last 200m of the 1600m qualifier WITH A BROKEN FIBULA! What in the hell?! That’s badass. And also? I’m so lazy.
2. I haven’t eaten dinner in two days…I just eat dessert. It’s an incredible feat to be able to fool three children into thinking that by sitting at the dinner table you have eaten the same dinner you’re imploring them to eat. I’d be more proud of myself if I didn’t worry a little that I’m setting a bad precedent for myself. Why would I ever eat any dinner ever again if I can replace it with a Moonpie?
3. Who can I designate next year to remind me not to grow a garden? Well, except for kale…I love kale and it grows like crazy and tastes delicious and requires almost no care whatsoever. The rest of it? Stupid. I’ve been growing four huge GREEN tomatoes for what seems like four weeks and the kids are getting pissed off that I keep telling them we can’t pick them until they’re red. “When will they just turn red already, Mom?” Oh I don’t know, Bella- when you’re eight. Good luck.
4. Ryan has started a new job recently (I’m so proud of him. It’s a really great position for him and for our family and he’s earned this incredible thing for us. Really.) and I’m having to do dinners when I come home from work all by myself. It isn’t fun. I find I lack enjoyment with that portion of domesticity. If I could get my ass in gear I’d do more slow cooker meals, but since this morning I used the ponytail+dry shampoo trick again, I figure that’s enough explanation as to why I can’t get the meat and the potatoes in the crock pot in the morning too. Hell, we don’t even have potatoes. Grocery shopping is also lacking.
5. Annika has another kidney infection. It’s bullshit and I hate it and she’s a superstar and at 102 degree fever never even complains that she’s even warm. I could learn a lot from her, I’ve discovered. I’ve also discovered that while it’s crappy? We kind of have this kidney infection thing down pat. Nik tells us her side hurts, we see she’s got a fever and the troops are mobilized. Her pediatrician is apparently gone until September 4th (what the hell?!) so while I panicked a little that this pre-emptive paperwork and urine culture was going to an office devoid of people for a month (!!) Ryan picked up my slack and got two steps ahead of the game by making a few “can you help me” phone calls. My mother in law helped us huge by taking Nik to the clinic where they got her started on a round of antibiotics and she’s good. It just sucks that after almost an entire year of no infections, she has to go back to her pediatric nephrologist in 2 weeks and say we didn’t make it. Damn. But, we knew this was a possibility and we’re all clearly adept at dealing so I’m not worried. Me- not worried. Crazytown.
6. Sometimes parenting three kids is hard and I forget that. I’ve been reminded. Point taken.
7. When I discover that I’m writing and deleting the same sentence seven times in a row, all I need is a bottle of Shock Top Lemon Shandy (or three) to fire up the blog mojo.
8. I love you guys.
Alright, I think that’s all I’ve got. Because once again it’s midnight and I’m not asleep and tomorrow morning I will want to shank myself for staying up late again. Again. Cause this has become a problem.
Anything commenty you’d like to share? Do it! No really, do it. Commenting is my blog love language. It means you love me.